Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Eye Openers

I have not had a very good last few days... just a lot of stress with different aspects of life.  I was watching Joyce Meyer (like I do every morning) and she was talking about running from God and she was talking about Jonah.  She was quoting scripture from that book.  I have the Everyday Life Bible which has notes and commentary from her in it.  While she was reading Jonah 1:1-3 there was a life point that she put in about these scriptures and this really hit me smack between the eyes.  I guess I could say this is the story of my life for the last 2 years.
" Running from God does not help us to be at peace with Him.  If God gives you an assignment, embrace it.  If you do not want to do it or if you find it exceedingly difficult, ask Him to help you have the right attitude about it and give you the strength to fulfill it."
Wow.... is all I can say!  The problem is that changing the attitude is very hard and most days I don't feel that He is helping me do this.  I feel like I am always running from what God wants/is telling me to do or that He wants me to do things in my gut but they don't pan out.

When we started reading in Jonah 2 she writes:

"No matter how desperate or hopeless your situation, no matter how far away God seems, know that God hears your prayer and will help you."

Man, I can only hope that this is true... most days I am desperate and hopeless at our situation, and God seems like He just doesn't care or isn't  around... I can only believe and hope that he hears my prayers and he will help our situation not be desperate or hopeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment