Friday, March 25, 2011

Forgiveness

If you don't know already I am a HUGE Joyce Meyer fan and I watch her every single day and get up very early to do so when it is quiet in my house.

She has been teaching this week about forgiveness.  I have a couple of people who have offended me and I haven't forgiven.  It doesn't matter if they know that their actions or lack of actions have hurt me.  I need to forgive for me not for them.  I need to let go so I can move on with my own life.  I pray for them and ask God to bless them and their families.  

It has been very difficult over the past couple of years and my family has gone through some life-altering events.  It has affected a lot of relationships and the interaction I have with them, some in good ways and some in bad ways.  Sometimes, we (okay I) expect too much from people especially with  things that they can't give me and I really just need to accept it and let it go. I need to put my expectations in God but what do you do when even God doesn't seem to meet those expectations?

I found this awesome website called caregiving.com and they have webinars and such.  I have only listened to a couple of them but they have helped me so much and really made me think about life and the people in my life.   When you go through a life-changing event(s) your whole perspective on life changes.  Not everybody in your life will care or understand and reach out to you.  Sometimes,  they just can't for whatever reason.  This can't be taken personally and just let it go.  I am working very hard on this.  I need to focus on the things I can change and not the things/people that I cannot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment