Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Recap

Wow... I didn't realize it's been so long since I have written on here.  I'm sorry especially if anyone actually comes here to read my ramblings. 

I enrolled at Penn Foster on May 9th in the pharmacy technician program.  I have one year to complete the program and then I will hopefully go on and become certified.  If I was ten years younger and was better in Math I may consider going on to become a pharmacist as it only takes 5 -6 years of school and lots of money :o)  I have been working on this mostly every day.  I have done my first two exams and have a 98 average. I was making tabs tonight to put into a binder and really looked at the study units and I really hope that I can maintain an "A" average.  I know that God is the one that put this into my heart.  I have no other explanation for it. I believe it was sometime in March around the beginning of the month I was sitting at my desk one day grading Nicole's quizzes and I had a feeling or something tell me that I should go back to school to become a pharmacy technician.  I thought that's a joke because I can't afford it no matter how much I wanted to do it.  I told God if this was His will then he would provide.  I asked for him to give me a sign and it was very specific and He did.  I checked out a pharmacology book out of the library, researched some online schools and found some you tube video's of pharmacology classes which I started watching.   I had joined a caregiving website back on March 17th  and I made a few posts and wrote a few blogs.  Around April 12th I received an email that I would no longer be required to do a job within the homeschool group which we belong to.  I would be lying if I said this didn't upset me as I really wanted to do it one more year anyway.  I knew that I would be coming off the board and I was happy about that because I have been on it for four years so I was just relieved of two commitments.  On the 15th I was contacted by the woman who owns the caregiving website and she asked me if I would be interested in being awarded their caregiver of the month.  This was such a huge surprise especially when I found out that I would receive $500.  One of the online schools was having offering a discount if you paid the full amount of tuition which was $498.  I don't think I would have chosen this school if I had my choice but I believe God did.  I am surprised that I have been finding the time to actually study.  Back in Dec. 2009 I really wanted to take a herbalism class in which I would get a certificate of completion.  My husband let me have the money and I purchased it. I had a problem with the shipment and it took longer and then within three weeks Nicole was diagnosed with her medical issues.  I did complete two of the lessons there are ten but I did notice that something would always come up every time I wanted to study.  I realize it wasn't God's will.  I hope to still do it but I just don't know when. 

Nicole has been doing well.  We finished school last week.  I can't believe that she is officially done with 10th grade.  We have just been hanging out at home a lot which I'm sure is good for her but she also should be getting out and doing things.

I am going to try and make sure that I at least write once a week and also I will make more of an effort to transfer things over from facebook.

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day.

Hugs:o)
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment